Saturday, May 4, 2019

don't be a "stick in the mud"

One side of our back field stays mushy wet in the spring. I usually can't mow it until it dries out in the summer.
Well, I got too close to the wet area with the mower and couldn't make the turn up the small incline to dry ground.    I was stuck in the mud!



I tried rocking it out by just throwing my body weight back and forth...and thought I might be making some progress, but I was too close to a small tree planted there (between the stakes).



I was the only one home so I had two choices...

One: Wait
Two: Try Something

I decided to try something.  I drove the Jeep back there and tied a rope to it and to the mower, using my special  double overhanded, all purpose, klepenfluffer noose knot.


I didn't want to back too far down in there and get the Jeep stuck too!

A slow steady tug and out she came!  Yeah baby!


I thought my husband would really be impressed when he got home and I told him the story.
He just acted like it was normal.   "Yes but...I'm a girl!"


I have had the mower stuck in that wet area before.  There is really no reason to keep that area mowed anyway.  Maybe I'll just let the grass grow there and mow it once in the fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment