I have a couple of things still from August.
I had a nice visit from a niece (husband's side) and her three young adult kids.
They live out of state and I hadn't seen them in years. I was touched when she contacted me and wanted to stop by.
The young ones were very polite and respectful. They made conversation and didn't look at their phones. Just a really nice family!
So that has been my view all summer. No more work has gone on over there. Just some bushhogging a couple of times.
August was my birthday month. It was a happy one with cards and messages from friends. It was a quiet relaxing day at home (my favorite thing).
The Sasquatch showed up with a huge watermelon to celebrate. It was a sweet one and much healthier than a birthday cake.
Not a great photo...but turkeys up around the bird feeder.
Here are the book club reads for September...
Shoe Dog (non fiction). Memoir by Phil Knight, one of the founders of Nike.
I enjoyed this book. Mr Knight is a man who believed in himself and had a lot of determination and drive to keep going even when circumstances were not looking favorable.
He wanted to produce good shoes. It's an inspiring story of his success.
The fiction book was The Impossible Thing, a story based on the now illegal practice of collecting rare bird eggs.
In truth, people really took risks to find these eggs...including being lowered over cliffs to rob the nests.
The book has a large cast of characters and takes place in two different time periods. The author does a good job in building suspense and revealing the story a bit at a time.
It's not cool weather yet, but I had the urge to make soup.
Sort of cream of broccoli with rotisserie chicken added.
I used plain Greek yogurt for the creaminess. I've been finding ways to use it ever since I bought one accidentally at the Costco check-out. (It mistakenly got pushed back with my stuff on the conveyor belt).
It's a good way to add some extra protein.





No comments:
Post a Comment