Tuesday, April 1, 2014

an evening at Derby Dinner Playhouse

Lonnie and I had a fun evening at Derby Dinner Playhouse.

He had given me a gift card for Christmas to see a show there so all I had to do was choose what show and when.

We both like musicals so I picked out....


It was a performance using Barry Manilow's song "Copacabana" as the theme.

Before the show there is a buffet dinner. Plenty to eat and enough time to have all you want. I think when we were here years ago there was such a line for the buffet that we barely had time to eat. Much improved in that area. The food wasn't outstanding but was adequate.

We were lucky to have a table to ourselves.

I couldn't take pics during the show, of course, but this is how it looks in there. That's the stage where the lighted tree is.


Lonnie is looking at the dessert menu in that picture above. Not included in the price but reasonable. 

We enjoyed the show but we noticed the main female character was wearing flat shoes and an ankle bandage so we wondered if there would have been more dancing normally. Either way it was entertaining.

A late night for us. I tried to get a photo of downtown as we crossed the river...but not much luck shooting from a moving car.


A lovely view - best seen in person, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment