Friday, April 25, 2014

out for a drive

Most of my driving in  the Jeep is just short trips, but every so often I feel like I need to take it for a longer drive. (Not exactly sure how this helps but I think it's something I have heard and it seems like it would be a good idea.).

So the other day I took a drive and went to Junior's house. He was working on his mower.

It had been cutting uneven last year so he removed and adjusted one of the blades.
The belt was also worn and needs replaced.

Actually it's a mower that he pulls behind a mower. When he moved here he got a riding mower from Lowes. One of their lower end ones  - but still not cheap. It just could not handle the uneven ground and kept throwing and ruining belts...to the tune of $50 each. Even after taking it to a mower repair shop.

So he took the mowing deck off of the riding mower and it works fine for pulling the "pull behind" mower..which does the job with no problem.  Even though it uses double the gas it cuts a wider path.

That's the engine there on the right that goes on top of the pull-behind mower.

See that little dogwood tree back there on the right in the picture above?


I noticed a bird nest in there...

Inside was 4 little beautiful blue eggs...

I didn't see the mama bird (robin?) anywhere around. I hope she isn't too scared to come to the nest with Junior working nearby.  I will ask him if he noticed whether she ever came back.

Back home I pulled into our other driveway (thinking the blacktop men were coming - wrong!).

Took this photo of  our Dogwood tree and Japanese Maple...I wish they looked like this year round.




The maple leaves stay red but turn much darker as the season progresses.






No comments:

Post a Comment