Thursday, October 26, 2023

Odds and ends

 I have an indoor plant blooming...the Aloe Vera.   It sent up a long stalk over the past few weeks and now the blooms have opened.  Hard to get a good photo...



Here is a close up, little pink trumpet shaped blooms.



This was unusual...five of these planes flying over in a line one afternoon. I couldn't get my camera working fast enough but you can just barely see the first ones off in the distance.

And notice the field next to my house. Earlier this year they had cut and cleared it.
I was worried about what might be built there, but so far, nothing.

It's quickly growing and filling in. I have to say I enjoy having that view.



I made soup...cabbage, ham, and lima bean.



The Sasquatch came over to help test out my new meat grinder.
He uses a grinder attachment for his KitchenAid mixer and makes sausage, so he had some good tips on what works best.

He slices and freezes his roasts to help them feed through the grinder more smoothly.

It's a bit of extra trouble but good to see what goes into your sausage.

The Sasquatch has made loose sausage but has also bought intestines to make sausage links. Both are very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment