Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Late summer

 

Summer is winding down so I scheduled the pool company to come out and close the pool.


They are reliable and fast workers.


It's sort of sad to see the pool covered up now, but I'm glad to have it done before leaves start falling.  


I've been sorting through my scrap fabric bins...cutting the small pieces in to 1 1/2 squares.  Anything smaller than that is thrown away...it's too small to use.


My plan is to sew the small squares into blocks, maybe 6x6, and eventually put them together into a quilt.  It's a long term project. There is a lot to cut!



I tried a recipe for Kardashian Salad...supposedly a salad that the Kardashian celebrities eat at the restaurant, La Scala.



Salad:

  • 1 head iceberg lettuce rinsed and finely chopped
  • 1 ⁄4 lb italian salami julienned
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 15 1/2 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and well-drained

Dressing:

  •  cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano OR parmesan


    *******************************
I thought it was pretty good except for the garbanzo beans. There's a lot of them and they are so waxy tasting. I ended up picking them out of my bowl each time.

I probably won't make this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment