Thursday, November 16, 2023

Gray skies

 The lovely fall skies are disappearing  on us to be replaced with gloomy gray. But the weather is mild and it's nice to get out for a walk with Puss, the cat.


My red maple holds on to it's leaves a bit later than other trees.


Some coyote tracks in the mud by the new garage.


I see a small deer track in the same area...made at different times, I suppose.


I'm working on a quilt project for a sort of game with my quilting group.
The challenge is to make a quilt based on artwork.  

It can be any size but I decided to go ahead and make mine big enough to use in the recliner.

I'm sewing and laying out blocks for now. I think I'm going to add a few more shades of color.

You can see my inspiration artwork taped to the wall. It's Van Gogh's "Mulberry Tree".



As usual, I made soup. I used veggies I had on hand including some frozen sweet potato fries.


Leftover chicken and broth from the freezer.


Pretty good. 

A big batch. Some to eat now and some to put in the freezer.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment