Monday, December 11, 2023

Holidays are coming up quick

 I received a few Christmas cards. The first two were almost just alike...red and black check with gold lettering.


It's fun to receive cards but I've never started the tradition of sending out cards. I'm just a Grinch, I guess.

But I have started putting out a few holiday decorations. I won't be hosting any gatherings here so I will keep it simple.


I planted my extra Aloe Vera plants in solo cups and added some fake berries. I'll pass these out to members of my coffee group at the library.


One-pan meals have been on my menu these past few weeks. A big pan makes enough for several meals. Easy clean up!

My brother kept telling me I should try maple flavored Spam. I have been trying to avoid processed meat but it was actually pretty tasty. Not artificial tasting.

I roasted it in the oven with chopped eggplant and a few jalapenos.


I am doing a poor job of avoiding processed meat because the next one pan meal was bratwurst with peppers and onions.  Pretty good.


I'm finished piecing that quilt and now I'm pin basting...getting ready to quilt it.


I need to hurry this up if I'm going to finish in time for the quilt group meeting.




No comments:

Post a Comment