The pattern is not my idea. I am shamelessly copying a quilt I saw online. It's a good pattern to use up some of my smallest pieces of leftover fabrics.
And to keep from getting burned out on my main project, I am also working on a little boy quilt.
I had ordered a bundle of fabric fat quarters online. They were labeled as "I Spy" fabrics, so I expected to get lots of children's and novelty prints.
When my order arrived, most of the fabrics wouldn't really work for playing "I Spy" in a toddler quilt. However there was this cute Ninja fabric and some coordinating prints in there.
Not a lot to work with but I added some fabrics from my stash and it will be enough for a quilt.
Unrelated...pickled eggs. By coinsidence, my older brother and I both started experimenting with pickled egg recipes around the same time. I had just made a batch when I saw on his FB page that he had made some too.
My first batch had water added to the vinegar and didn't seem pickle-ey enough, and it had too much of a clove flavor from the pickling spice blend I'd bought.
Next, I bought a jar of the expensive pink pickled eggs from the grocery to find out exactly what sort of taste pickled eggs should have. That was a waste of money. Mine were better.
For this second batch, I left out the sugar and used vinegar, spices, red onions and jalapenos.
They have to set in the fridge for about a week to soak up the flavor...then I'll see if I need to make any more changes.