I finally got one completely assembled...
One thing that makes it harder, is that it doesn't go together in any sort of logical or repeating pattern. You have to constantly check the directions to be sure you are sewing the right pieces to the correct side.
The second problem is that the directions give incorrect measurements in places, or instructions that don't agree with the diagrams shown.
But, it will probably be easier after this first one.
Here is the Block "B" sewn between two Block A"s....
Sew far, sew good !!
I surely will be able to make faster progress on this, now that it's getting dark outside earlier. I look forward to getting in some sewing time in the evenings.
By the way, I just learned that this pattern is based on a section of marble flooring on display in "Capella Sanservo" in Naples Italy.
Here is a website with the story about it...click here
The creator of this design could have never imagined it would be reproduced over 200 years later years later by women making quilts!