Thursday, September 17, 2015

doing some sewing


It was "play day" at my quilting group this week. A day when some of us gather and just work on whatever we want to.

Here is my friend Jan, and a sock monkey fabric quilt she is working on.  She designed her own pattern on graph paper and just worked from that. So cute!


Jo and Frieda sew a lot of dresses for little girls in Haiti. They make them by sewing some gathered cotton fabric onto the bottom of a tee shirt.  They have been making them for years and have donated hundreds of them to an organization that gets them to the children.


My friend, Diane, does a lot of detailed hand sewing.  She was stitching a wonky Christmas tree that will be part of a quilt. She said she will be adding beads and other trim on the trees for a little bling.

She is just goofing around here by displaying it on her shirt...but wouldn't that be a cute holiday top?


I spent a lot of time at the cutting table getting ready to sew a block of my Labyrinth Walk quilt.  By the time I had everything cut and organized, it was a little late to get my machine set  up to start sewing...and besides that, our meeting room is short on wall plugs.

But, I made up for it later that evening. I set my little machine up on the back porch and sewed until nearly dark out there!



Perfect weather to be outside!  

Long shadows creeping in...



We had better enjoy this weather while we can!


No comments:

Post a Comment