Wednesday, September 30, 2015

progress on Labyrinth Walk quilt

 This quilt is made up of two different blocks.  Block "A" went smoothly, but Block "B" has been a bit trickier.

I finally got one completely assembled...

One thing that makes it harder, is that it doesn't go together in any sort of logical or repeating pattern. You have to constantly check the directions to be sure you are sewing the right pieces to the correct side.

The second problem is that the directions give incorrect measurements in places, or instructions that don't agree with the diagrams shown.

But, it will probably be easier after this first one.

Here is the Block "B" sewn between two Block A"s....

Sew far, sew good !!

I surely will be able to make faster progress on this, now  that it's getting dark outside earlier. I look forward to getting in some sewing time in the evenings.

By the way, I just learned that this pattern is based on a section of marble flooring on display in "Capella Sanservo" in Naples Italy.

Here is a website with the story about here

The creator of this design could have never imagined it would be reproduced over 200 years later years later by women making quilts!


  1. I think it is looking fabulous! I love patterns like this. This is going to be awesome!

    1. Thank you for the encouraging words, Cathy!

  2. Beautiful! and more power to you in keeping all the units in the right order.

    1. Thank you, Nann...but I have to confess that some seam ripping took place!

  3. I was delighted to see your quilt. The colors you chose are creating an excellent 3-D effect. I purchased this pattern over two years ago and I'm still dreaming about making it. Thank you for the website about the marble flooring.

    1. Hi Nancie, I had the pattern (from the magazine) and the fabric about that long before I started mine too. I wanted to be able to turn my full attention to it.
      Hope I get to see yours when you get started!