Tuesday, December 11, 2018

finished one - started another

I finished up the quilt I've been working on but I still can't show photos.  Here is a corner again after the quilting and binding.
The lighting is not great here so it looks like the main fabric is dirty white but actually it's a light gray chambray.  Wishing now that I had went a couple of shades darker on the gray.



 The backing is perfect for a man quilt. It looks kind of like mattress ticking.  I ordered it online from "Connecting Threads" during a clearance sale.



At the same time I ordered this little flannel quilt kit, also marked down, and I started on it immediately after finishing the above quilt.   
Because, I (ahem) temporarily forgot that I was supposed to be finishing up old projects before starting any new ones.  Can you believe that?


I made a goofy mistake when cutting the blue and green plaid.  I accidentally cut several of the squares too short on one side.
Well, you can trim down but you can't trim up so I had to sew a strip to that side.  It's visible but it won't show up very much when the quilt is finished.


I've decided I am not going to sew with flannel after this quilt is finished.  Not only does it leave a lot of fluff in the machine...my nose starts tickling and my eyes feel scratchy when I start sewing with it.

Maybe I need goggles and a dust mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment