Monday, February 3, 2020

finished that quilt


I finished up that quilt that I was working on.   It is the 6th project I have completed since I vowed to finish up all my UFO's (unfinished objects).

As I mentioned in a previous post, the fabrics came from a kit that I bought cheap but then wasn't thrilled with the pattern that came with it.

This is the design that I came up with instead.  I like it and these bright colors are nice to work with on these gray winter days.


As a last minute idea, I added these stars in the sashing intersections when putting the quilt together.


In the picture above you can see that I made a switch from my regular meandering quilting design.


It's not a big quilt. About 42" x 54",  throw sized, so I finished it up pretty quickly.


I like the way the design seems off center and can be seen as diamonds or big X's.


Trying to find some greenish grass for a good picture.  No luck.


Well, here comes Puss to lend a hand (or a paw).


Here is the back...same fabric as the sashing and borders on the front.  I had it in my fabric stash and I can't remember where it came from. (Some other quilter's give-away, I'm sure.)
 I think it may be a poly/cotton blend but I'm not a bit worried about that.  It was right for the job and what was I saving it for if not to use it?


The quilting swirls show up better there on the back also.

This one isn't intended for anyone at this time.  I've sort of gotten attached to it so I'll save it back for now.







No comments:

Post a Comment