Monday, July 13, 2020

working on some quilts

Earlier this spring, I did a lot of sewing and finished a few quilt tops but I didn't get around to pin- basting them with their backs and batting until recently.

Now there are five of them waiting for quilting!

I think I showed you this one.  I had it rolled up on a pool noodle in this photo. I laid out the batting and backing for it and smoothed it all out, then rolled it up again.

It will have to be pinned before quilting.


 I pieced together some batting scraps for this one. It will be the one I quilt first. when it's completely finished I will show it here and tell a story about it.



This one is from a kit.  You can see it's a little poufy in the middle. Hopefully it will flatten out with quilting. 
I'll show it afterward too and talk more about it.



This next one will be a donation quilt.  I could only find this photo from before it was fully sewn together. It also got a scrap batting (Franken-batting).  
I think it will be cute and I'll show it again when it's quilted.


The fifth one waiting to be quilted is top secret for now and it may be awhile before I can say anything about it.


Since I'm so far behind on finishing all of these quilts...I thought "Why not start another?"

Well, this one will be for a baby who has just arrived.  I didn't even know he was expected so I wasn't ready with a quilt.
Here's how I've started...



The elephant is pretty big...about 27 x 36 so I'll add a few rows of pieced blocks and it will be toddler sized.

These hot July afternoons are good for staying inside and sewing so hopefully I will be able to make some progress on these six quilts!




No comments:

Post a Comment