Friday, May 7, 2021

just a swingin'

 Do you remember the cute country song from back in the early 80's called "Just a Swingin' ?

This new swing made me think of it, so I looked up the lyrics. I don't normally listen to country music so I didn't realize it was made popular again in the 1990's. 

It's a fun song to sing along to.

But anyway, our old swing was getting shabby, with a couple of broken slats and other slats getting rotten and bendy. It's been a good swing and we've had it for years. But we got lazy about taking it inside over the winter and that made it go down hill fast.


We shopped online and found one made from composite rather than wood. It arrived a few days ago.

In a flat box...mostly unassembled.


That's okay. It was easy to sit right down in the driveway and get it put together.  It is a heavy thing but Lonnie helped me get it on a wheelbarrow and get it into position.

Sitting on the wheelbarrow, it was easy to hook up the new chains and slowly pull the wheelbarrow out from under it.


Lonnie liked it right away but at first, I thought the top back was curving in too far.  It just took a little getting used to. Now, I like it too. It should last us many years.


A couple of days later I put the old swing at the end of the driveway along with... 

an old broken rusty wheelbarrow, an electric cook top, a messed up pruner pole, and a fiber glass pool net pole that leaves fiberglass splinters in one's hands.

Within minutes, a guy in a pick up truck pulled in and loaded up every single thing.



The funny thing is...he even took one of my cobblestones that I had put behind the cook top to prop it up!  Not very nice!



No comments:

Post a Comment