Friday, October 13, 2023

New stove

 My stove (range) was getting unreliable. The burners worked fine but the oven temperature seemed to fluctuate during baking...mostly overheating to burn things to a crisp in a short time.

I've had the stove since 2008. I guess that's getting to be an old age for a stove.

I'd been planning to switch to a gas stove when this one needed to be replaced but that would mean some gas line work in the basement. With that and also hearing lately that gas stoves release a bit of carbon monoxide in the home, I decided to stick with electric.

Here is the beautiful new GE double oven range...with convection and an air fry setting.


I actually just picked it out online without actually seeing it in person. I knew I wanted the double ovens so that narrowed down my choices.
I ordered this one from Costco. Free delivery, cord is included in the price and they'll haul away the old appliance.

They delivered on time...polite uniformed delivery men.


I had to cook a few things to test it out.  Chicken, bean, and tomatoes soup.



Parmesan crusted chicken strips.


A mixed veggie with cheese casserole.


Then another day, ham, broccoli, and cauliflower soup.


Everything seems fine with the new stove.

This one should last a long time. I don't cook as much as I used to.

My fridge and dishwasher are actually a bit older than my old stove was. Maybe I should be researching models and prices for when one of those two kick the bucket.


No comments:

Post a Comment