Tuesday, March 27, 2018

starting on a new quilt

I have my next quilt all cut out and ready to sew.

These are the colors, and the basket to the side contains a bunch of small light gray cuts.


Normally I don't cut all my fabric completely before beginning a quilt.  I usually cut a little and sew a little...to make sure that I like the way things are going.

This one is different. I will be making the blocks in an assembly line  manner rather than completeing each block one by one.

It's a pattern I bought with someone in mind...so I can't show you how it will look and I won't be showing any photos of it until it's finished and given to the recipient.

However, I do like to work on more than one thing at a time and I have vowed to completely finish a bunch of projects that are started on and just laying around taking up space...beginning with this 9 patch that I started last year....


Since this photo was taken, I've gotten a lot more done on it so it shouldn't take long to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment