Friday, November 30, 2018

what I'm working on


Well, sorry, I really can't show you.  I have been working on a quilt for someone and I want it to be a surprise.

The quilt pattern was designed to have no borders, but I wanted it to be a bit larger and also thought it could use an extra bit of color.

I will show you one corner of the border I worked out for it.


I saw this type of corner on a different quilt in a magazine and had torn it out and put it in a stack of other scraps of paper with quilt ideas on them.
I like it because it's not so busy that it takes attention away from the center of the quilt...but it does add some interest.

Of course I procrastined on it since I had to do some measuring and figuring and swearing under my breath to make it come out the right size.

Now to get it layered and quilted...and labeled....and put the binding on.
Gosh, I'd better get busy!


And here is a project that I won't be working on.
This is one of my unfinished projects. (you know how I made a vow to finish them all up).


 A couple of years ago, a lot of ladies in the Quilting Bees group were making this bee themed quilt in different sizes.  I started on this small one but never finished.



It probably would have been cute but I'd rather be working on something else and I wasn't that far along with it anyway.

So, I put the cut pieces in the scrap bin, tossed the pattern and turned around and dusted off my hands.  That's one thing off my list!










No comments:

Post a Comment