Saturday, February 23, 2019

barbecue and cauliflower tots

I slow roasted a pork shoulder and tried out this new barbecue sauce on it.

G. Hughes Smokehouse. Only 2 carbs per serving ( 2 Tablespoons).  It has surcalose instead of sugar or corn syrup.  It has a good tangy, smokey flavor.


This brand came in other flavors besides "Hickory"...all sugar free though.  I will probably try "Original" next time.  There was also "Sweet Hot", "Honey" and "Mesquite" (that last one sounds good too).
Around $3.50 per bottle.


I baked Cauliflower Tots for a side dish.   Just riced cauliflower (microwaved a bit to soften, then drained), beaten egg, seasoned salt, and a generous amount of shredded cheddar.
Tamp mixture down in a greased mini muffin pan and bake until firm and browned around the edges.


I have seen recipies like this using shredded zuchinni in place of the cauliflower.  I will be trying that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment