Friday, May 31, 2019

not much going on

Not a lot going on around here except the usual mowing and weeding.

Our spring weather deserted us and we had a few days of scorching hot weather so that meant afternoons inside in the air conditioning.

It was even cooler in the basement so I took advantage of that to replace my dryer vent duct.

I wanted to replace the flexible one with solid smooth ductwork.  It comes in sections that you snap closed and connect together end to end.


I was lucky that I got everything I needed with only one trip to Lowes. I did have to crimp and smush the end of one section so it would fit.


Yes, my basement looks like something from the "Silence of the Lambs" movie set.


I'm pretty sure there was a solid duct for the dryer when we moved here.  I guess somewhere through the years someone did me a favor and sold me this flexible one along with a new dryer.

I'd say it was time to replace it!



Also, I mopped floors and decided since we were past  the rainy, muddy spring weather, I could put down my new door mat.  I bought it for cheap at Costco after Christmas but I don't think it looks too Christmassy to use year round. ( I am sort of seeing a quilt design in the pattern.)

Puss was certain that I had put it there especially for her and plopped down on it immediately to show her appreciation.


A raccoon (I think) had pulled apart my rain guage and tried to eat the spongy part out of the tube. It was torn and crumbly.
The sponge allows the blue tube to float in the copper tube to show the rain measurement.


I hated to see it ruined, because Chopper had given me this rain guage as a present a few years ago.
Fortunately the company sells replacement tubes, so I ordered one and it works as good as new.
Maybe I'll see if I can brighten that copper part back up too.


So that about wraps up all the excitement for May around here. 
That's fine with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment