Friday, June 7, 2019

cutting fabric for a quilt

We have had workmen here doing an outside project.

It's always hard for me to go about my business when people are around working.  I feel compelled to keep looking out to be sure they aren't cutting down trees or drilling holes somewhere I don't want them to.
And I just want to be available if they come to the door with questions or problems.

I have found the best thing I can do to be productive while they're here, is to stand at the kitchen peninsula and cut out fabric for a quilt.
It is also very calming!

This is actually another kit that I bought on clearance from Connecting Threads years ago.
Let's see...the fabric is dated 2012.   I'd say it's time to get started on it!



I did get all the pieces cut out.  I really like the fabrics and I wonder why I didn't work on this sooner.



There was something a little unusual about the cutting instructions for this one.
This striped fabric is used by cutting it in sections.  You can see above...the green stripes are used and also the leafy sections.  The black sections are left over for another quilt...or maybe I will figure out how to use them on the back.


So, now I have this packed in a project box and it's ready for sewing.  
It won't be my next project though. I am making a quilt for a gift and I'm supposed to be finishing up things I've already started on!



No comments:

Post a Comment