Friday, November 6, 2020

More indoor blooms

 I have been keeping an eye on one of my succulents that sent up a bloom stalk not long after I repotted it a couple of months ago. It surprised me with these sweet little orangey blooms.

I've only had the plant since last winter so I had no idea that it would bloom. It has been a vigorous grower and spreader, though.

The bloom stalk is so long that it tipped over and is resting on an aloe plant.


The blooms actually lasted a couple of weeks. I would have liked to have moved it up off of the floor...somewhere more visible...but I was worried the stalk would break.


Here you can see the actual plant better. There on the right with the grayish leaves.


Isn't that a good color combination? Next fall, I'll try to remember to give it a dose of fertilizer to encourage more blooms.

And below you see the last of our cherry tomatoes as of November 6th.
Husker Cherry Reds.  Grown in a large pot on the back porch...making it easy to remember to water.
I will look for this kind again next spring.


A last little blast of color before winter's gray days.


No comments:

Post a Comment