Friday, November 20, 2020

strange things out by the road

 warning...photo of a dead animal carcass below...






My apologies to my brother, John, if he reads this. He has already heard the story twice before.

One day when pulling out of our driveway I was unpleasantly surprised to see this....


A headless deer carcass by our other driveway.   I thought maybe it had been hit by a car, and a "trophy hunter" stopped to get the head for a taxidermy mount.
That  has happened in almost this same spot years ago. We saw two guys stop and cut the top of the skull with antlers off of a deer that had been killed on the road. 


But I also had a suspicion that this deer had been shot and killed elsewhere and someone only wanted the trophy head and dumped the body here.  Look what a tidy and bloodless cut that is.
That really made me mad to think about.

I called the road department to remove it but since we live on a state road they told me to call the State Highway department. I left a detailed message but no one ever came out.

The Sasquatch thought we'd better drag it back to the woods before it decayed too much to be moved.  He was able to get it most of the way pulling it with his vehicle but then had to finish up dragging it by hand (with a rope of course).  He said he didn't see any thing to indicate that it had been shot.

At least it provided food for some vultures and other scavengers.

Gosh, if I had seen that headless deer as a child it would have been so scary. I would have been afraid it would jump up and chase me!


On a lighter note,  this by our driveway....


A toilet tank.

 I guess I have no shame.  I put it there thinking someone might be able to use it, although I know not all tanks and bowls will match up.

Sure enough though, it was gone the next morning. Maybe kept it out of a landfill anyway.





No comments:

Post a Comment