Sunday, December 13, 2020

so scary!

A few days ago, Lonnie was at his desk and I was upstairs doing something.  As I passed by the stairwell, I smelled a burning odor and I walked down to see smoke streaming from an outlet that Lonnie had his ipad charger plugged into.

He was on the phone and hadn't noticed it.

I squealed out, "Lonnieeee, LOOK!" and headed to the basement to shut off the breaker. 

Before I got down the steps he had pulled out the plug and apologized to the person on the phone and finished his conversation.


That did it - the burning stopped. 
Pretty scary though.  many times we leave devices charging overnight or even when we aren't home.

That's all the damage there was and the Sasquatch put in a new outlet for us.



 I have to laugh at this photo, though.

The top of the burned outlet looks like a scared face with his mouth in an "O", and the bottom one has a serious frown because of his injury.

Am I the only one who sees this?  Maybe too much smoke inhaled!







No comments:

Post a Comment