Tuesday, January 5, 2021

first finished quilt of the New Year

 In 2020 I finished only 2 smallish quilts (and quilted and bound a group quilt). I did get 4 other tops put together including this one.

Even though this one was quilted in 2020, I didn't get the binding sewn until New Years Day. So I'm going to count it as my first quilt finish of 2021.

I have been waiting for a sunny day to get some outdoor photos of the quilt. When the sun popped out  today, I hurried out the door and started snapping pictures but the sunshine was only a teaser and the clouds moved over again.

 



The main print fabric and the blue fabric are from a stack of fabric that the Sasquatch surprised me with one Christmas.  It's a heavier weight fabric so it makes a nice weighty quilt.


The print fabric was my favorite so I didn't want to cut it up small.  I originally came up with an idea that would have involved having the red strips of fabric going all different angles but after I put the first strip in, I liked it too well to take a chance on goofing it up...so did it like this instead.

I will try my original idea another time.


It's throw sized at 45" x 66".





For the back I used this blue stripe zig zag.  


I will be keeping this one for myself. I think it will be perfect for using to stay snug while sitting on the back porch on a spring or fall evening.


I did my regular meandering quilting on my domestic machine.



It's been a bright and cheery, mood lifting quilt to work on.



My next sewing task is to trim and re-hem Lonnie's two new pair of corduroys and whatever else is in the mending basket.  
Then back to quilting!





No comments:

Post a Comment