Saturday, November 20, 2021

red maple

 Our Red Maple is hanging on to its colorful leaves for a long time this year.


I took this photo from inside the house.



And this photo outside with the sun shining on it.

Let's see...I planted this tree in 2000. First it was a bit closer to the house and I dug it up a couple of years later and moved it here. Glad I did but maybe it's too close to the driveway now But if it gets any bigger I can do a little pruning on that side.

Deer have never bothered this tree so I thought I was safe in planting 3 more small ones in the side yard.  Nope, those were chomped off by either a deer or a rabbit. 

It didn't kill them and now they're trying to develop a main stem again. I will be putting up some netting around them to discourage deer and rabbits.


No comments:

Post a Comment