Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Mug Rugs

 My friend Wanda thought of a fun plan for our quilt group Christmas exchange. 

Each of us would make 4 mug rugs and bring them to our Christmas party in brown paper lunch bags. Then we would all choose 4 different bags and open up 4 surprise mug rugs.

If you haven't heard of mug rugs before, they are like a coaster or a small place mat. Just the right size for a drink and a small snack.

Here are the ones I made.   A tea pot.



A chicken.


A baby chick.



And a regular quilt block.


I quilted them by machine.


 Actually, the original plan was to have this exchange last Christmas...but our meetings were canceled because of the pandemic.

So to be truthful, I have had nearly 2 years to complete these mug rugs but I work better with an approaching deadline so I started and finished these in the past month!



The patterns all came from this book "Farm Girl Vintage".  I am planning to make the quilt shown on the cover when I get around to it.


 So, I'm ready for our party. In a few days, I'll  show you the Mug Rugs I get from the exchange!


No comments:

Post a Comment