Sunday, March 19, 2023

finished the sailboat quilt

 This little sailboat quilt was fun to make.  Quick too, because half of the the blocks were solid, not pieced.  The pattern directions were well written and easy to follow.

I made a small change by using three borders on the outside.


I was able to use fabrics from my stash and batting from the big roll I bought a few years ago.




I was happy to use the fish print fabric...the fish are small and work out okay with the boats.


I quilted it by machine with my usual meandering design.


The backing wasn't a perfect match but it had a cute print of boats and lighthouses.
I didn't have quite enough of the fabric for the length so I added a strip of solid blue.
After all, it is a patchwork quilt.



Usually, I make rectangular quilts, rather than square, but this pattern looks cute in the square shape.

I will be mailing this one off right away. As I mentioned before, it's for a baby boy that was born in the fall and I was late hearing the happy news.


No comments:

Post a Comment