Monday, August 14, 2023

Slow summer days

 I'm enjoying the long days of summer. I'm inside when during the heat of the days then outside in the evenings.

There is always something to do but still time for a bit of housekeeping and sometimes a nap.

I've finished the top of the quilt I'm working on and got it layered and pin basted and ready to quilt.

First, a dusting and oiling of my sewing machine.



Then starting the quilting. I'm trying a swirl design on this one.  I'm not really satisfied with how it's looking but I've found from past experience to just keep going and things usually look better once it's finished.



Puss is keeping me company in the sewing room.
Just so you know...I don't have a cat tree in every room but she needed one in here so she doesn't keep trying to get on my sewing table.



Also in the photo above...look out the window at the vines growing along the deck railing.
Those are loofah vines the Sasquatch planted.
They have grown up to this second story and still growing. Pretty yellow blooms but slow to form any of the loofah gourds.


I made some spaghetti squash soup.  It's the first time I've used it in a soup.
I cooked the chicken and vegetables together first and cooked the spaghetti squash separately in the microwave...then added it to the cooked soup.



It came out pretty good...with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top.
Well, you can't really see the spaghetti squash here in my bowl - but it's in there.



The library craft class this month was a macrame key chain.
Gosh, I haven't tried macrame since art class in elementary school.  It was fun but I think I goofed up on the knots in a couple of places.
That's mine- the orange and white one.


Glad to have more summer days stretching out ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment