Lots of garden vegetables were ripening in August.
The Sasquatch tried growing cantaloupe. He had success!
He had ordered mini cantaloupe seeds from " Johnny Seeds".
He started them inside then planted them outside in large grow bags. They fell off the vine when they were ripe. This one was the first.
Very sweet and very juicy!
It's darn tasty!
My squash plants weren't doing great. I just got rid of the plants after I picked these.
Yellow is Delicata, green is Acorn, and the big one is Butternut. I roasted them all at once.
Good, except the acorn squash...stringy.
He also grew a few gourds too. They are still on the vine. He said they shouldn't be picked until the vines die back.
It seems the Sasquatch is a better veggie gardener than I am.
I'm excited about it in the spring but lazy in weeding and taking care of them later in the summer.









No comments:
Post a Comment