Summer is winding down.
I spent one last morning by the pool with my coffee before the pool guys came to shut it down and put the cover on.
Looking left, you can see the old deck is completely removed.
The time was right to close the pool. The super hot days ended abruptly with cooler temperatures moving in.
Always sad to see the pool covered though.
Just so you know...I didn't plant those Zinnias there in the stepping stones. They came up from previous years scattered seeds. I can't bring myself to pull them up, so just walk around them.
And here is my new tiny deck. Only 6 by 8 feet, no stairs.
A father/son team built it in a day. They didn't speak English, so lots of smiling and nodding. I'm happy with their work. A bit of trim work still needs to be done.
The photo makes the posts look crooked but they are not.
Puss wonders what the heck has happened! She says it with her ear position.
She used to go down the steps before if I'd have the door open. Things change, Puss!
Though I'm happy with this part of the work, I wouldn't use this contractor again.
Not enough communication, sloppy on the clean up, and things not finished up nicely at the end...like the electrical wiring, the trim of the house, and the old posts sawed off stumps sticking up.
The price was reasonable...but you get what you pay for.
On a happier note...a beautiful sun rise! So much color!









No comments:
Post a Comment