Monday, May 28, 2018

parmesan pork chops


I am always on the look out for low carbohydrate recipes - or ways to cut back the carbs in favorite recipes.


The original version of this pork chop recipe called for a bread crumb coating. I changed things up a bit and used parmesan cheese for the coating instead.

Here's what you need - boneless chops 1" thick, real mayonaise, garlic salt, black pepper and parmesan cheese.


I cut my own chops from a boneless pork loin that was on sale.  I wanted them to be at least an inch thick so they wouldn't dry out.


So, you just spread a generous coating of mayonaise on each chop, sprinkle with garlic salt and black pepper, then dredge in parmesan cheese.


Flip to the other side and do the same thing...


Bake on a rack or broiler pan in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes until chops are cooked through.
I turn on the broiler for a few minutes at the end to get the parmesan browned and melted.


Tastes better than using breadcrumbs!

These hold up well as leftovers, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment