Thursday, May 3, 2018

wool pressing mat


No matter what sort of hobby you're interested in, there are always lots of people trying to figure out some sort of specialty gadget or accessory that they can get you to buy.

Usually, I try to be careful not to buy a bunch of extra quilting supplies (although I do have a weakness for pattern books), but occasionally something will come along that I just have to buy.

That was the case with this wool pressing mat.

I kept seeing the mats being mentioned by my favorite quilting bloggers and on online message boards.  Everyone seemed to love the way that pressing quilt blocks on the mat would give such good results...nice flat seams.

I ordered mine on Amazon (here)  It had all good reviews.


The wool mat is nice and thick - designed to hold the heat so the item being pressed is heated from above and below.

Time to give it a try...


Yep, I can see a difference!  I think it will be even better using my full size iron...this mini one doesn't get as hot.

One thing I noticed though...a bit of moisture under the mat after using it, even though I didn't use steam. I will have to remember to flip it after use to let that evaporate.


Overall I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend this item to anyone who quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment