Monday, August 27, 2018

started a little quilt


I know, I pledged to finish all the projects I have partly completed, before starting anything new.

But, I have started going back to my small evening quilt group and I needed to take along something to sew.

I didn't want to take along my main "secret project quilt", so I was digging around trying to locate something else I could just pick up and start sewing.

That's when I broke the rules.  I found this....


I bought it at the last quilt show I went to.  In the vendor area there was a booth selling fabric - a yard each of three different fabrics - rolled up and tied, and a variety of quilt patterns that could be made from just three yards of fabric.
It was a good deal...buy the fabric and choose any one quilt pattern for free.
(In fact, I might have bought a couple of them at the time!)

Anyway, I checked the pattern and quickly cut the shapes from the fabrics, except for the borders and I got quite a bit done at quilt group that evening.

Back at home, when I carried my stuff in, I just left it setting near the back door because I was planning to finish up the piecing, by sewing out on the screen porch a couple of days later. 


I was using my little Singer Featherweight machine.  I hadn't used it in two years and it's not good for them to sit without being used.

I got the center part of the quilt top all put together. Now it needs a good pressing and the borders added.
I like this little pattern.  It is simple and cute and goes together quickly.


Just a few minutes before I finished, my husband came over and started pacing around because he was getting hungry.
Surprise! You are doing the cooking!  Hee hee hee!

I had bought some Hatch Chili Peppers at the grocery and planned for him to grill them with onions and sausages.   It was the first time we have tried these peppers.  They are good but very mild.



 I packed away my sewing things and brought out some sliced tomatoes and a small green salad just as he was finishing with the grill.


Our summer daylight is getting noticeably shorter each day.  I am glad for the milder weather that comes with this time of year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment