Monday, April 6, 2020

Costco shopping

I made an early run to Costco last week.  When I pulled in the lot, I saw a line stretched around to the back of the building.  I thought they were limiting the amount of people in the store due to the virus, but then they let everyone in at one time.
It turned out that they'd had special early morning hours for elderly and at-risk shoppers and they were waiting for them to get through check-outs and out of the building before letting everyone else in.  Very considerate, I think.



Once inside, there was a worker letting everyone know immediately that "the line for toilet paper starts in front of the meat case".
Of course everyone was stampeding back there - me included.  My regular supply was getting low and I figured I'd better buy some while I could.

Oh what a glorious wall of toilet paper!  


Workers were handing out the packages to keep the line moving.  Limit one per customer and that's all I needed. It's a 30 roll pack!

All things are strange and different.  I bought gas afterward for $1.459 per gallon!  


I was wishing my tank would have held more.  


I stopped in the Lowes garden center on the way home trying to prolong my outing for the week.  I didn't buy any outdoor plants but noticed a rack of small potted succulents on clearance. I couldn't resist their cuteness.  I didn't have a cart, so just bought as many as I could carry.



Maybe not such a good deal since now I'll have to buy potting soil. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment