Thursday, April 23, 2020

what's going on in the sewing room


Oh dear...what's going on in the sewing room?  A mess, that's what.

With the lovely days we've been having I've been doing spring chores outside so things are being neglected inside, but I do squeeze in some sewing time.

Well, just ignore that last finished quilt wadded up on the table, the roll of batting left out, and the jar of pickles beside the pile of stuff under the table.

Hey wait...that's not a jar of pickles!  But it is a pickle jar - perfect for saving buttons in.

Anyway, see the quilt top being assembled in the floor?  It's one that I've been working on one day  each month when my quilt group meets.  I finally realized it's easier to have one designated project that I only work on at the group nights, and leaved it packed up in between for the next time.

But, for now, all group meetings at the extension office are canceled because of the virus lock-down.
So I got this out to finish here at home because I have someone I want to give this quilt to.


I have the top finished up now and rolled on this pool noodle trying to protect it from the Puss, who would happily have it covered in black cat hair as soon as I turned my head...although she doesn't seem particularly attracted to this one.

I need to get it layered with batting and backing - ready for quilting.




Now, I am working on two other projects.  I had been working on the one pictured in the back when I saw an idea I wanted to try for the print fabric of the one in the foreground that involves sewing it together then cutting it apart.  We'll see how that goes.



The bad thing about all this is that I am supposed to be finishing up older things that I have already started on.  None of these are included on that list.

No self discipline, I guess, but it's fun, and I swear I will get back to the older projects just as soon as I finish these.



No comments:

Post a Comment