Friday, September 4, 2020

arrowhead and late summer blooms

 I keep forgetting to show this arrowhead I found on our property earlier this year.


 I was picking up some stray rocks from an area we had cleared and there it was...laying on top of the ground.  At first I thought it was a toy.

It's amazing that it wasn't broken or crushed by the bulldozer that uprooted the trees and pushed them into a pile.


It's in pretty good shape. Notice the little "teeth" along the sides?

It's the first  time I've ever found anything like this and it gave me a feeling of awe and amazement thinking that the last person that had this in their hand was a native American Indian.


Of course now I am always looking at the ground around there trying to see another one. That won't happen but I can't help doing it.


Also, a few late summer blooms...


Elephant Ears and Crepe Myrtle.  This is the Crepe Myrtle that I'd moved to this spot earlier this spring.
It's much happier and healthier here.



Darn it, I can't think of the name of the plant with the bright green leaves.


Rudbeckia and white and purple Salvia.



A bee enjoying a Passion Fruit bloom.  The vines are bullies but the bees love them and they are easy to pull up if need be.


And a view from the porch...



Everything has grown well this summer...including weeds of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment