Friday, September 25, 2020

in the mood to cook

 Nothing stays the same and now it seems like we are both satisfied with this routine of me cooking ahead foods to just heat and eat when we are ready.

This way Lonnie isn't locked in to eating some particular thing that I decide to cook for dinner and I don't feel put out if he isn't in  the mood to eat what I've cooked. 

We still do have a nice family dinner weekly but the rest of the time we mostly just rummage around in the fridge.

This time I've made two soups (again).

Homemade noodles for Chicken Noodle soup...




And Pioneer Woman's recipe for tomato soup (should have doubled this one).


Forgive my "schmeary" looking stove...I am not a neat cook!

Also made cheese stuffed jalapenos halves with bacon. I could eat these for any meal. Low carb, too.


And some oven roasted veggies - peppers, onions, eggplant, yellow squash, broccoli, with olive oil, salt and pepper.


Cooked just to tender crisp but I think I crowded these a bit. The moisture makes them steam rather than roast.


Some of the soup goes in the freezer to add variety to what's already in there.  The rest should last us a few days with the peppers and veggies.


No comments:

Post a Comment