Friday, October 16, 2020

new door installed

 Our new door for the bedroom finally came in and was installed by the same Pella crew that did our front windows.

This is the old door. The door wasn't bad but the frame was wood and rotten on the outside.  We'd had it worked on in the past but the repairs didn't last long.  Plus, it wasn't a tight fit and seemed a bit drafty.


The Pella crew was great. They used the outside steps rather than tromping through the house. They brought up the new door and all their supplies before removing the old door... to minimize the time that the opening was open.  They were finished in just over two hours.

Here is the new door. It's an all-vinyl slider.  Lot's of glass!





On winter days the afternoon sun shines in this room and makes it so nice and bright. It's a shame we're mostly only in here when it's dark outside.


Wonder if I could talk my husband into agreeing to let me swap out this room with my sewing room?

Lot's of good light, plenty of space, closets for my fabric and shelves for my quilting books!

Nah, I won't even mention it. It would put the bedroom further from the bathroom and it would be too big of an adjustment for both of us after living here 34 years.





No comments:

Post a Comment