Monday, January 9, 2023

Cooking for a few meals

  Cold salads and sandwiches seem so unappealing during these winter months.

I've gotten into the habit of eating hot soup for breakfast. It's quick to heat in the microwave and stays nice and hot while I'm eating it. 


So, here is my soup for this week...





Celery, carrots and onions then later add broccoli, yellow squash,shredded cabbage and a bag of frozen lima beans.

Then added some leftover turkey from the freezer and a big box of chicken broth and some seasoning.





It came out pretty good.  The limas are a bit starchy for a lower carbohydrate way of eating...but with all the other veggies in the soup only a few limas end up in each serving.



While the soup was simmering I turned on the oven and cooked a pan of Italian sausages with bell peppers and onions.





That gives me a few days of meals to microwave too.  

Looks like it will be easy kitchen clean up this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment