Monday, January 30, 2023

Progress on the sailboat quilt

 I'm making good progress on the sailboat quilt. I have all the boats sewn but they will get a border around each one to tilt them to the left or right.

I like this pattern...quick and easy to sew!


Some quilters have a flannel wall panel to hang their blocks on while creating their design.  I have been laying mine out on the floor for so long that I will just stick with this method. But Puss enjoys walking around and mixing up my layout,  so I snapped that photo to remember my arrangement of boat colors.

Here is another small project I was trying to finish before Christmas, but didn't get it done until now.




It was a printed panel of fabric designed to make a wall hanging.  I can't remember where it came from. Either it was in a pile of fabric a quilting friend brought in for give-away or something I bought from a quilter who was selling her stash for a dollar per yard.

I just layered it and quilted around the shapes printed on the fabric. Sort of messy because it seemed monotonous to work on.
I put it away with the Christmas stuff but unless I grow to love it next Christmas, I will donate it to the thrift store.

I also quilted this little mat that I had sewn from leftover scraps from a small quilt.  It was fun to do because I like that print fabric together with the blue.



 Nice cool crisp colors for January.


 Well, now back to work on the sailboat quilt!



No comments:

Post a Comment