Thursday, January 26, 2023

starting a quilt

 I learned there is a new(ish) baby boy in the extended family that I hadn't  even heard about.

A good reason to make a new quilt!  It's always more fun to sew a quilt when there is someone to give it to.

I paged through my "Big Book of Baby Quilts" and chose a pattern with sail boats.


I wanted to use fabrics from my stash and I had plenty of colorful scraps for the boats and even some fabric with a wave (water) print to surround the boats.


I thought it would be cute to use the fish print as alternate blocks. Now I need to choose one more fabric.  I like the yellow print above but it's pretty busy looking.

Below, this blue print is calmer and matchy, but it's sort of "bleh" looking.




This gold print below is like a lot of little suns shining on the boats, but again, very busy.

I'll keep rummaging around in the closet and hopefully find something suitable.




I've made a couple if sailboat themed baby quilts in the past. Different patterns though.

This one made around 2008.


This one in 2017.  I like these sailboats best, because of the little flags, but I think they were tricky to sew...paper piecing.



The weather forecast shows a string of wet, gloomy, cloudy days ahead.
A good time to be inside at the sewing machine!









No comments:

Post a Comment