Friday, June 15, 2018

a good find at Goodwill


  I am always so glad the Goodwill stores are available to take my unneeded and unwanted items, but I hardly ever go inside to shop...I am afraid I will load up on other people's cast off goods!

But one day I had some idle time while I was waiting for my big comforter to go through a wash cycle at the coin laundry (needed a super size machine) and I thought I would take a look around the nearby Goodwill store.

A bit of everything in there! A lot to look at.  I came across a shelf with some folded fabric and dug around through it. Hmmm, mostly upholstry fabric and yards of old polyester double knit.

Then I noticed a crumpled, cloudy looking plastic bag with some bright fabric inside.  I looked at it from all angles and could see a couple of quilt blocks inside too.
 I thought maybe there would be enough fabric there to put together a small donation quilt.
At the price of $2.99 that would be a good deal all around.

When I got home and emptied it out of that creepy looking bag, there was more than I thought!


There were two finshed quilt blocks and a lot of fabric strips.


Someone had a project planned and started...and maybe decided they didn't like it and wanted to ditch it and move on.
My first thought was that I'd figure out that block pattern and make more of those for a quilt...but then I decided...I really like those fabric strips and I don't want to use them in blocks like that.
Maybe not even for a donation quilt.

I'm not so nice after all now, am I?


Well, maybe I can do both.  Keep some and use some.  We shall see.

Now I am not going to be able to pass by a Goodwill store without being tempted to stop in and check for fabric. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment