Wednesday, June 6, 2018

my big nine patch quilt finished


I finished this a couple of weeks ago but I've just now got around to taking it outside for a photo session.

It measures about 78" x 92". 


All of the nine patches are cut from my small scraps and scraps that my quilting friends have given me.  I like working with the small pieces...but I had to buy the yellow and dark blue yardage to tie everything together.


I am happy with the way it looks.  Especially the way some of the little nine patches stand out more because they are made from darker or brighter fabrics.


I had someone in mind when I started sewing this quilt but I lost confidence about halfway through and switched to making a different quilt for that person.


It is machine pieced and quilted.


There are 168 nine patches in this quilt.  I first intended to make it larger, so there's a bunch of nine patch blocks left over that I'll be using in another quilt.  


The backing fabric is rows and rows of daisies.


I'm not sure what I will do with this one. It's too big for a couch snuggle quilt and not big enough for our king size bed.

Nah, I won't be using it as a tablecloth...


For now, I'll just put it away in the closet.

This is the second project I have finished since I vowed to finish all my unfinished projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment