Tuesday, June 26, 2018

there is a hole in my...watering can

Remember that old children's song... "There's a Hole in My Bucket, Dear Liza" ?
No?  Here it is... click here to hear it.

I kept thinking of that song every time I used my watering can.  Holes had rusted through the bottom and I was watering my feet more than the plants.

The can was old when I got it.  Previous owners had left it at the Sasquatch's house and he didn't want it, so gave it to me.



 Can you see the small holes with light coming through at the bottom?


At first I tought I'd order a new one off Amazon - but I was shocked when I saw the prices on the metal watering cans. I had no idea they were so expensive. I didn't want a plastic one so I decided to try to fix my old can

In the song I mentioned above, for some reason they intend to fix the hole in the bucket with straw!
I have always wondered how that would make a good repair...but then, the male character in the song does seem to be a bit of a dim bulb.

Silicone seemed like a more promising way to stop up the holes - so that's what I used.


I spread a generous amount over the holes inside and out (using a piece of mulch as a disposable tool).



It worked ! No leaks!

Maybe I will put one of those super deluxe watering cans on my wish list...in case someone wants to buy me something.   Sheesh! I'd probably dry it off and bring it in the house each time I would use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment