Wednesday, June 20, 2018

plant rescue

I don't shop at Meijers very often, but they carry a brand of pizza sauce we really like, so I stop in there to stock up on that occasionally.

This time I decided to take a quick look in  their garden center too - to see if they had anything interesting.

Well, besides all the pretty and healthy plants, they had a rack of half dead ones in a back corner, with greatly reduced prices.

I couldn't just leave them there looking so pitiful, could I?  No, I had to rescue a few.


I picked up an azalea, a hydrangea, two peonies and two bleeding hearts.

Also, I bought four Golden Vicary Privets for a privacy hedge.  These weren't on the discount rack but they were a store promo and a good price.


A couple of days later I was ready to plant and walked all over the property trying to figure out where I had left the wheelbarrow.  I was starting to blame my husband...thinking he had done something with it...when I finally saw it here...


I have been walking right past it every time I go between the house and the Jeep!
I guess the plants were camouflaging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment