Monday, July 30, 2018

a crochet project for my "finish it up" list

Next, in my quest to get my half-done projects finished up, it this crochet afghan.
Several squares are completed, but it's been so many years ago that I started making it, I'm not sure what my plan was for the layout.
The squares measure about 10". I think I'll just keep making them until I run out of yarn and then figure out how to arrange them.


The pattern is called "Popcorn Hearts" and came from the book "Woman's Day Prize Winning Granny Squares".  Not a difficult pattern but you do have to count and pay attention to get the popcorn stitches in the right place.


I will give you an idea of how long it's been since I have worked on this.  The post card below was used as a bookmark for the page the pattern was on.

It's from my younger brother when he went to St Croix (Virgin Islands) on a work assignment.
Can you see the postmark?   

1999!


Okay, that's 19 years!  I have no idea even what baby I might have had in mind when I started it.
That kid is probably starting college now.

Surely I can finish before it hits the 20 year mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment