Monday, July 23, 2018

another Ikea cart

This little Ikea cart (Raskog) had been sitting in it's box for months...waiting for me to put it together.


I bought a turquoise one for my sewing room a couple of years ago. It's been so handy and they are just so cute...I couldn't resist buying another one.


Pretty easy to put together but I did make the same mistake as when I put the first one together - putting the side bars in upside down.  It could have been used that way but I took it apart and turned them or it would have been bugging me forever.


I really did have a need and a use for this one.  I had switched from using a computer desk to using an old antique family dining room table as my desk. (belonged to my great-grandparents) 

Of course there were no drawers...so no where to store anything.  This little cart is the perfect solution.  Bills to pay on the top shelf, receipts in the middle, and supplies in the bottom.
I can roll it close then just push it away when I'm finished.



Now I need a solution for another problem.  See that piece of poster board leaning against the wall under the table?   It's hiding a bunch of tangled, dangling cords.  I hate seeing them.
 I need to rig up something better to hide that mess but I can't seem to come up with any good ideas.

Maybe a stiffer board painted the same color as the wall? A fabric covered screen? Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment