Saturday, September 8, 2018

deviled egg plates

Just three years ago, in 2015, I bought the first deviled egg plate that I'd ever owned.

I make deviled eggs pretty often and I had one of the special plastic-ware containers made for storing or transporting them, but I always just plunked the eggs down on a plain plate for serving at the table.

This was messy because the eggs all slid together and teamed up to try to glide right off the plate as it was passed around the table.

So, I did the easy thing and ordered a simple clear glass egg plate off Amazon.  Not too fancy for everyday use but still looked good when I got the holiday plates out.

A few months later, we found an egg plate half buried in mud and junk, outside of one of the abandoned houses I have mentioned here before.
It was too pretty to just leave there to eventually get broken or buried so I brought it home. ( I couldn't tell you how many times I washed it before I felt comfortable using it.)

This one was fancier...white with metallic gold trim...so I decided I would use it on Easter and at Thanksgiving.



Now, for my birthday this year, my parents gave the the ultimate egg plate...this lovely green glass one...


It was from my grandmother's china cabinet so it is a special one to me.

I was able to find info about it on line.  The pattern is American Concord by Brockway Glass Company.  The same pattern was made in clear and an amber color - in other pieces as well, but the green seems to be a bit more rare and made in the egg plate only.

It's a beauty, isn't it?  And it holds 15 eggs!
This will be my Christmas Egg Plate.   

Gosh, when I was looking for info online, I looked through hundreds of egg plate photos trying to track it down.   There sure are a lot of cute and neat looking egg plates...and it seems like I already have the start of a collection....

No Darla!   Back away from the computer...you do not need more egg plates. I repeat....







No comments:

Post a Comment